Wednesday, September 13, 2006

WHYY Studio Visit

Soooo, what did you all think about out visit to the WHYY studios? The datacasting presentation from Bill Weber, as always, helped me get a better fix on datacasting. And, believe it or not, I've heard the presentation several times. Each time I pick-up something new. Actually I thought your questions, and the responses from Bill and Ryan Dumont's made some things even clearer.
Any "take" on the video from the kids at the Congreso E3Center? Some tough situations.
On the templates...many of you had lots of great ideas.

1 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Suhailah said...

The visit to WHYY studios was a very informative experience. I appreciated how easy our 'guides' made everything look. How interesting will it be when our subjects see themselves broadcast on the internet...I'm sure their perspectives will no doubt change. Also, I wasn't aware of just how much goes into this process and how much info can be sent, but displaying our hard work will definitely be the ultimate reward.

Datacasting will no doubt help us as a class illuminate areas of Philly that have never had any shine. We are going to hear the voices of the streets, the voices of youth, and the voices of the underprivileged. I say, bring it on. I'm so excited to be a part of this unprecedented journey of neighborhood discovery. As Craig Santoro led Shinji and I through WHYY, I began to wonder what our interviewees would think had they been there and been able to see all that we as a class can accomplish and the media outlets that they could have access to. It would blow their minds since most of them don't even have a community center such as the Congreso sites that they can go to when the troubling streets beckon. When the kids of Congreso spoke, I could almost feel uncontrollable helplessness ebbing from them and right away, I wished I could help. In a way, this class is enabling me to shed some light on their situation and it was most likely cathartic for them to tell their stories. Oh, and the rapping teen (I can't recall his name) put a spin on what could have been a really emotional broadcast. That is the power of multimedia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home